Downtown Bonita Springs welcomes you with charm and tradition. Explore local gift shops in search of treasures or visit the historic artist cottages. Experience food, drinks, and dining at numerous cafes, restaurants and stores. Pick up farm fresh produce at a Farmers Market or try a new food item from a food truck. There is ample opportunity for leisure; rent a bicycle, kayak or paddle board to enjoy the recreational opportunities of the Imperial River and Riverside Park.
WHAT TO DO IN BONITA SPRINGS HISTORIC DOWNTOWN
Get your flags ready to wave, the Bonita Springs Independence Day Parade is back this year! Organized by Firefighters Union 3444, the parade starts off at 9 a.m. at Rosemary Park Drive and ends at the Shangri-La on Kentucky Street in Downtown Bonita Springs.
The City’s outstanding Star Spangled Bonita begins at 6 p.m. at Riverside Park featuring musical entertainment by the popular Ben Allen Band and, at dusk, the amazing fireworks and laser show begins. Food vendors will be in the park area and motorists are warned about partial road closures.
MORE THINGS TO DO:
- You can visit a botanical jungle with exotic animals and plants
- Cross the bridge over a famous paddling destination, the Imperial River
- Explore Bonita Springs Riverside Park where you can rent a kayak or paddle board
- Catch a live musical performance at the bandstand
- Dine at one of the little cafes or restaurants
- Shop for, bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, Bonita Springs memorabilia, bait and tackle, groceries and art
- Take a Spa Day and visit the spas or salons
- Experience Shangri La Springs (the original Bonita Springs)
- Check out the artist village or fish the river and have a picnic
- Visit the historic buildings and take a History Walk
Date: Tuesday, June 28
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Location: Shangri-La Springs
5:30 p.m. - Social Hour
Introductions of Guests
We will discuss last-minute details of the July 4 parade, the new happenings in Downtown and hear our speaker Jason Colber, Bonita Springs Library Branch Manager.
Thank you to our evening sponsor Heaven Scent Flowers and Boutique, Downtown since 1985.
MEET THE BSDA BOARD
( L to R) Sophie Leroux ( Membership); Lee Bellamy ( Treasurer); Diane Torrisi ( Director); Trish Leonard ( President); Susie Sayer ( Vice-President); Kyle Moran (Director); Candice Sebring- Kelber (Director); Jim Magnus (Director); Peggy Baker ( Director); Past President, John Paeno ( not pictured)