ABOUT OUR DOWNTOWN
Downtown Bonita Springs welcomes you with charm and tradition. Explore local gift shops in search of treasures or visit the historic artist cottages. Experience food, drinks, and dining at numerous cafes, restaurants and stores. Pick up farm fresh produce at a Farmers Market or try a new food item from a food truck. There is ample opportunity for leisure; rent a bicycle, kayak or paddle board to enjoy the recreational opportunities of the Imperial River and Riverside Park.
WHAT TO DO IN BONITA SPRINGS HISTORIC DOWNTOWN
- You can visit a botanical jungle with exotic animals and plants
- Cross the bridge over a famous paddling destination, the Imperial River
- Explore Bonita Springs Riverside Park where you can rent a kayak or paddle board
- Catch a live musical performance at the bandstand
- Dine at one of the little cafes or restaurants
- Shop for, bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, Bonita Springs memorabilia, bait and tackle, groceries and art
- Take a Spa Day and visit the spas or salons
- Experience Shangri La Springs (the original Bonita Springs)
- Check out the artist village or fish the river and have a picnic
- Visit the historic buildings and take a History Walk
The Liles Hotel is home to the City Code Enforcement Office and the Bonita Springs Historical Society. This historic Bonita building houses a small museum room where visitors can see what life was like in the early 1900s. In addition to all this many events are held in the Park like, Riverfest, Celebrate Bonita, Taste of Bonita, Jazz Festival, Holiday in the Park, National Art Festival, Orchestras in the Park, Movies in the Park, and 4 of July.